So you want to give a personalized, special one-of-a-kind gift for the holidays. Where do you begin? The choices are endless, there are so many styles, and of course, there is price. You can purchase from a jewelry store, on internet sites like Etsy, department stores, or box stores. There are so many options and this can be overwhelming. How would you like some tips to narrow down your choices and select the perfect jewelry gift? Here are some of my best tips to help you with your search.
- Begin your search online. You can do this any time of the day or night, in your pj’s if you wish! Before searching, consider the following:
- What type of jewelry does she wear now, long or short earrings, big rings or little rings, statement necklaces, or little pieces, cuff bracelets or bangle bracelets? If it is a man, what style of earring, ring or necklace does he wear now?
- Ask yourself, what are the colors this person wears the most? Reds and Blacks? Blues, Grays, Greens? Yellows, oranges, purple?
- Notice which color metals does he/she like, silver, gold, black?
- Think about what is his/her style? Earthy-Boho, Elegant-Chic, Statement or Delicate? Do they prefer handmade jewelry?
- Once you have this narrowed down, you can begin your search. If you are searching for handmade jewelry, sites like Etsy are a great place to begin your search. If you are looking for box store jewelry, you can think about the stores in your area, and do your searches online first. Go into these sites and begin your search!
- When you found your site to search on, be sure to put as many details in your search to narrow down your possibilities. For example, if she likes handmade jewelry, red stones, large pendants, and sterling silver, you can search “handmade red stone large pendant sterling silver” in a marketplace like Etsy, and you will have narrowed your search. If it is for a ring, please be sure to know the ring size, as this can save a lot of time.